Executive MBA program strengths
You learn from top international faculty, industry experts and highly ranked executive coaches through in-class modules supported with online tools and personal consultations. The EMBA journey is highly interactive and experiential. Using a combination of case studies, group exercises, company projects, and business simulations, the high impact learning approach challenges you to translate modern management concepts into action.
The EMBA: four themes
Balance your development as a senior executive with your professional responsibilities. One-week modules roughly every two months let you directly apply your new skills while at your company. Business-focused course assignments and ESMT’s applied project structure allow you to immediately bring new knowledge back to your organization, enhancing your visibility, your team leadership effectiveness and your internal network.
Some highlights are:
- Core management skills: In the first half of the ESMT EMBA, participants learn the tools necessary to run a successful business or business unit.
- Applied fieldwork developed in consultation with an ESMT faculty member, allowing you to forge new networks, apply academic study to a business case within your organization, and create additional value in your organization using your own initiative.
Responsible leadership training
ESMT’s mission is to develop responsible leaders who care about individuals, and our sustainability goals are integrated into every EMBA course. You will learn to integrate financial sustainability in finance courses and explore how to increase profit while benefiting society as a whole in strategy courses. The triple bottom line (People, Planet, Profit) is emphasized throughout the program, which include:
- 360-degree peer feedback sessions with trained team coaches. Give and receive feedback from your teammates in a collegial environment. Build your own self-awareness assess your skills, gaps, and develop your interpersonal communications and leadership style for your future leadership position. The redesigned program allows more time to focus on coaching as part of your personal development.
- Your Individual Leadership and Development Itinerary program, a personalized series of workshops, feedback sessions, and seminars throughout the program that allow you to reflect on your transition, strengths, and weaknesses. EMBA students receive 5 individual coaching sessions following a personalized leadership assessment to help you learn about yourself and how to incorporate coaching into your leadership style.
You will have a dedicated faculty lead working with you on coaching and personal development throughout the program.
Innovation and technology management
Business principles are applied directly to new, innovative case studies from a variety of technology sectors ranging from aviation to computer hardware. Our leading researchers teach participants how new, innovative products and businesses are developed and marketed.
A series of electives highlight every step of innovating and launching new technology. Courses include Bringing Technology to Market and Organizing for Innovation and Innovation and New Product Development. Multiple core courses also focus on managing technology and innovation.
Intercultural immersion and development form part of every module in the ESMT EMBA. Three international modules allow you to experience other business and societal cultures first-hand. ESMT's research and teaching has a strong focus on emerging economies, in particular on BRIC countries.
- Global Network for Advanced Management: allows you to study numerous topics by visiting partner academic institutions in the Global Network. Previous destinations and courses include Gender Equity and Leadership in the 21st Century at Haas School of Business at UC Berkeley; Digital Transformation at IE Business School and Behavioral Science of Management at Yale University. For a complete listing, visit the Global Network site.
- International Field Seminar: consists of two weeks interacting with senior business leaders, networking, and reflecting on global business development in a country of strategic significance. Previous countries visited include Brazil, Chile, Argentina, Malaysia and Vietnam.
- Academy of Management: participation in the annual Academy of Management conference in North America introduces you to evidence-based management skills and brings you into direct contact with upwards of ten thousand influential managers from across all business sectors. You network and attend sessions directly related to your areas of interest and expertise in preparation for your applied learning project for the EMBA.
Business integrity management
The daily challenges of managing across borders are innumerable and the task of keeping company assets secure has risen to the forefront of strategic planning. With this in mind, a cooperation was forged between Ernst & Young and ESMT to allow for a unique focus on integrity management, compliance, corporate governance and forensics.
Ernst & Young, experts on white-collar crime, compliance, corporate governance, and business integrity share their knowledge and experience during this track of the EMBA program. You will examine the investigation of fraud and corruption using forensic and criminological techniques, with support from the Ernst & Young, Department of Fraud Investigation & dispute Services (FIDS).