MBA admissions deadlines
ESMT's admissions team is looking for a diverse group of professionals who share the school’s mission and who will succeed in the MBA program, both academically and professionally. ESMT considers each detail of a potential student's application to assess their abilities and goals. Specifically, ESMT MBA Admissions looks for these key qualities in applicants:
- Excellent analytical ability, both quantitative and qualitative
- International outlook, intercultural competence, and a responsible approach to business
- Proven teamwork skills in stressful situations
- Leadership potential, especially for high-performance career growth in a global environment
- Willingness to learn from others in a collegial environment
MBA application deadlines
Please follow this link to create your profile and start your application for the January 2022 intake.
MBA Admissions operates a rolling deadline, with available places in the class filled on a continual basis. Space in the ESMT MBA class is limited, and early application is strongly recommended. The following are deadlines for the next MBA intake:
- April 5: Early decision deadline. Applicants will receive the first chance to reserve their seats in the class.
- June 28: Early bird tuition discount deadline. Students planning to enroll in the optional pre-MBA language course running from October to December are equally encouraged to apply by this date. Students not needing a visa* to enter Germany may apply after this deadline. **
- October 4: Many of ESMT’s competitive scholarships are awarded by this deadline. (NOTE: applying before October 1 does not increase your scholarship chances. After the October deadline there will still be partial scholarships available)
- November 1: This is the last deadline for the MBA program, if you require a visa to enter Germany. If the class becomes full, students will be waitlisted.
- December 6: For students not requiring a visa to enter Germany* Applications submitted after this date will still be considered on a case by case basis.
*Applicants from Australia, Brazil, Canada, El Salvador, EU, Honduras, Israel, Japan, New Zealand, South Korea and the United States, DO NOT need visas to enter Germany as a student. As these regulations can change without notice, please confirm with ESMT or your nearest German Embassy or Consulate.
** Applicants who have graduated from a Chinese university are required to undergo an APS procedure in order to be able to study at a German university. Please visit the APS website in Chinese or in German for all further information. It is recommended to apply by this deadline in order to have ample time to undergo the APS procedure.