Global Online MBA admissions
Before submitting your application for the Global Online MBA, you must meet all of the following admission requirements:
- Three years of postgraduate professional experience
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent qualification in any discipline
- GMAT/GRE scores or ESMT’s admissions test are all optional, but strongly recommended for non-quant/non-business undergraduates, and may be requested by the Admissions Committee. ESMT’s GMAT code is H4D-SJ-53 or simply search for ESMT by name. Our Designated Institution (DI) code for the GRE is 7768.
- English proficiency test scores
- TOEFL scores (95 minimum), PTE score (64 minimum), IELTS score (7 minimum) or other English proficiency tests are accepted. ESMT Berlin accepts MyBest™ scores for the TOEFL iBT® test, in addition to TOEFL iBT scores from a single test date. The ESMT TOEFL institution code is 8707.
- If English is your native language or you earned a university degree exclusively taught in English you do not need to take an English proficiency test.
- If you have worked in an English speaking country or an organization whose language of communication was English for 12 months or more the English proficiency test requirement may be waived.
- A strong command of the English language should also be demonstrated in the admission interview.
To begin the admissions process, you should complete an online application, and provide the following information:
- Personal data
- Your academic and professional background + your CV
- One essay and a 2-min video essay upload
- Two recommendations
- Your English proficiency test scores
- Copies of your university transcripts
- €50 application fee
- An interview (per video call), should you move on in the process
Applications are received and reviewed on an on-going, rolling basis.
September 2021 intake deadlines
- June 1, 2021: Early-bird tuition deadline - Applications received before this time will be eligible for a €2,000 tuition discount.
- August 15, 2021: Final application deadline (Applications received after this date will be considered on a case-by-case basis.)
May 2022 intake deadlines*
- January 10, 2022: Early-bird tuition deadline - Applications received by this date will be eligible for a €2,000 tuition discount.
- April 15, 2022: Final application deadline (Applications received after this date will be considered on a case-by-case basis.)
*Please note: Applications to the May 2022 intake will not receive an initial review until after May 1, 2021. However, you may submit your application at any time.