Global Online MBA admissions
Before submitting your application for the Global Online MBA, you must meet all of the following admission requirements:
- Three years of postgraduate professional experience
- An undergraduate degree (with accompanying grade overview) in any discipline
- Scores from either the GMAT, GRE or ESMT’s admission test are optional but encouraged from students with a non-quantitative or non-business background, and may be requested by the Admissions Committee. ESMT’s GMAT code is H4D-SJ-99 or simply search for ESMT by name. Our Designated Institution (DI) code for the GRE is 7768.
- English proficiency test scores
- TOEFL scores (95 minimum), PTE score (64 minimum), IELTS score (7 minimum) or other English proficiency tests are accepted. ESMT Berlin accepts MyBest™ scores for the TOEFL iBT® test, in addition to TOEFL iBT scores from a single test date. The ESMT TOEFL institution code is 8707.
- If English is your native language or you earned a university degree exclusively taught in English you do not need to take an English proficiency test.
- If you have worked in an English speaking country or an organization whose language of communication was English for 12 months or more the English proficiency test requirement may be waived.
- A strong command of the English language should also be demonstrated in the admission interview.
To begin the admissions process, you should complete an online application, and provide the following information:
- Personal data
- Your academic and professional background + your CV
- One essay and a 2-min video essay upload
- Two recommendations
- Your English proficiency test scores
- Copies of your university transcripts
- €50 application fee
- An interview (per video call), should you move on in the process
In 2022, the Global Online MBA program has two intakes: May and September.
September 2022 intake deadlines
The program will start on September 19, 2022.
- May 24, 2022: Early application deadline. Applications received by this date will be eligible for a €2,000 tuition discount.
- August 28, 2022: Final application deadline. Applications received after this date will be considered on a case-by-case basis; entry for September 2022 cannot be guaranteed.