Part-time MBA Admissions
The Part-time MBA in Business Innovation is designed for working professionals with a minimum of three years of work experience who want to be effective change agents in their organization.
To apply for the program, please check you meet all of the following admission requirements:
- At least three years of postgraduate professional experience
- An undergraduate degree of minimum 3 years, or equivalent, qualification
- English proficiency test scores, if applicable
- We do not need to see proof of English if English is your native language, or you earned a university degree taught exclusively in English
- Scores we’ll accept are:
- TOEFL - 95 minimum; we accept MyBest™ scores; our institution code is 8707
- PTE - 64 minimum
- IELTS - 7 minimum
Step 1: Apply online
To begin the admissions process, please complete and submit an online application. The application is each to follow and will ask you for the following information:
- Personal data
- An up-to-date CV showing at least three years of postgraduate professional experience
- Answers to the following:
- What was the most challenging situation you have encountered in your business life? How did you tackle it? What did you learn from it? (max 250 words)
- Please share your career goals and describe how the ESMT MBA program, coupled with your current knowledge and experience, will help you achieve them. (video essay, max 3 mins)
- Two professional recommendations – at least one is needed to submit your application, the second can follow later
- Your English proficiency test scores (if applicable)
- Transcripts of your undergraduate degree detailing courses and grades
- €50 application fee
Step 2: Interview
After we have reviewed your application, successful candidates will be invited for interview (in person or video).
The interview will last 40-50 minutes and serves to help us learn about each other. We want to get to know you – your career to date, future career goals and aspirations, and what you’re looking for; and in turn you get to ask us questions about the program, school, and life at ESMT.
Step 3: Admission test
Skip this step if you already have a valid GMAT or GRE score. If not, then we may ask you to take the ESMT Business Admissions Test. This is a two hour, online, test that evaluates academic aptitude over four sections of 30 minutes each: communication analysis, critical thinking, data analysis, and data interpretation.
Step 4: Receive your offer
Successful applicants will receive an offer of admission. Step 5: Accept your offer To secure your place in the part-time MBA, you will need to pay a non-refundable deposit of €4,000 by the date indicated in your offer letter. Congratulations and we look forward to welcoming you to ESMT Berlin!
September 2022 intake deadlines
The program will start in September, 2022.
- May 1, 2022 - 1st early application deadline: candidates who submit a completed application before this date will receive a discount of €8,500 from their tuition.
- July 1, 2022 - 2nd early application deadline: candidates who submit a completed application before this date will receive a discount of €5,000 from their tuition.
- August 15, 2022 - final application deadline: applications received after this date will be considered on a case-by-case basis.