MBA admissions deadlines
ESMT's admissions team is looking for a diverse group of professionals who share the school’s mission and who will succeed in the MBA program, both academically and professionally. ESMT considers each detail of a potential student's application to assess their abilities and goals. Specifically, ESMT MBA Admissions looks for these key qualities in applicants:
- Excellent analytical ability, both quantitative and qualitative
- International outlook, intercultural competence, and a responsible approach to business
- Proven teamwork skills in stressful situations
- Leadership potential, especially for high-performance career growth in a global environment
- Willingness to learn from others in a collegial environment
MBA application deadlines
Please follow this link to create your profile and start your application for the January 2020 intake.
MBA Admissions operates a rolling deadline, with available places in the class filled on a continual basis. Space in the ESMT MBA class is limited, and early application is strongly recommended. The following are deadlines for the next MBA intake:
- April 2: Early decision deadline. Applicants will receive the first chance to reserve their seats in the class.
- June 3: Early bird tuition discount deadline
- **July 2: Students planning to enroll in the optional pre-MBA courses running from October to December are encouraged to apply by this date. Students not needing a visa to enter Germany may apply after this deadline. These optional pre-MBA courses include the intensive German language classes in Berlin.
- October 1: Many of ESMT’s competitive scholarships are awarded by this deadline. (NOTE: applying before October 1 does not increase your scholarship chances. After the October deadline there will still be partial scholarships available)
- November 4: This is the last deadline for the MBA program, if you require a visa to enter Germany. If the class becomes full, students will be waitlisted.
- December 2: For students not requiring a visa to enter Germany*
*Applicants from Australia, Brazil, Canada, El Salvador, EU, Honduras, Israel, Japan, New Zealand, South Korea and the United States, DO NOT need visas to enter Germany as a student. As these regulations can change without notice, please confirm with ESMT or your nearest German Embassy or Consulate.