To apply, Master in Management candidates need to have:
- A previous degree of minimum 3 years (at least Bachelor's equivalent). Applications will also be accepted from final-year undergraduate students awaiting completion of their degree.
- In order to enroll in the Quantitative Business track:
- Proof of strong quantitative abilities, whether with a degree in an analytical field (science, technology, engineering, or mathematics), quantitative economics, finance, or a similar subject
- OR a degree in any discipline with a strong GMAT score (top 20% globally in the quantitative section). A GMAT or GRE is highly recommended for all applicants to this track.
- The average GMAT score is 640. ESMT’s GMAT code is H4D-SJ-86 or simply search for the school name. We also accept GRE scores, and our Designated Institution (DI) code is 7768.
- In order to enroll in the Innovative Management track:
- A degree in any discipline with excellent grades
- GMAT or GRE is optional but may be requested in certain cases by the Admissions Team
- Ideally no more than 18 months of postgraduate work experience (excl. internships)
- TOEFL scores (95 minimum), PTE score (64 minimum), IELTS score (7 minimum) or other English proficiency test. ESMT Berlin accepts MyBest™ scores for the TOEFL iBT® test, in addition to TOEFL iBT scores from a single test date. The ESMT TOEFL institution code is 8707. If English is your native language or you earned a university degree exclusively taught in English you do not need to take an English proficiency test.
- Completed application - including essays, one reference and €50 application fee
- Individual interview over Skype
ESMT designed the Master in Management admissions process to find the most talented individuals who will benefit from the program's international and interdisciplinary nature. When evaluating applications, ESMT is looking for the following qualities:
- International outlook, intercultural competency, and a responsible approach to business
- Potential for high-performance career growth in a global environment
- Willingness to learn from others, collegial behavior in high-stress situations
- Excellent analytical problem solving abilities
Step 1: Application
If you have any questions about applying to the MIM program or your profile, please contact the Office of Admissions.
The application form will ask you to fill-in the following information:
- Basic personal data
- Your academic and professional background
- Short essay questions
Additionally, you will be asked to submit the following documents with your application:
- Your CV
- Transcripts to all higher education institutions attended
- One recommendation (form provided by ESMT)
- GRE/GMAT and TOEFL scores, if needed
ESMT cannot begin assessing your application until all of the above documents are received.
Step 2: First screening
When complete, the ESMT Admissions Team will review your application and all supporting documents. If successful, you will receive an invitation to an interview.
Step 3: Interview
The ESMT Admissions Office will invite you for a short interview with an ESMT administrator or professor.
All interviews for the MIM program will be conducted via Skype or on-campus. Interviewers will assess your competency under pressure, your interpersonal communication skills, and any questions arising in your application.
Step 4: Admissions and Scholarship Committee
After the interview, ESMT's Admissions Committee reviews your application and makes a decision. Following the Admissions Committee decision, the Scholarship Committee meets to review applications for scholarship consideration.
Applicants receive an email with the admissions decision and scholarship award (if any) directly after these meetings. Successful applicants also receive details about the next steps to enroll in ESMT's MIM program.
To confirm attendance, admitted candidates must pay a deposit towards their tuition to the ESMT Master's in Management program.
Step 5: Enrollment
After accepting your offer of admission and paying the tuition deposit, your seat in the class is confirmed.
At this stage, you will receive access to an internal student portal, which will provide you with all necessary information regarding the next steps: How to look for and find housing in Berlin, student visa application, health insurance, registering upon arrival in Berlin, and much more. A dedicated Student Services manager will be available to assist you with any further needs and questions you may have.
Applications for the September 2022 intake are now open.
Start or continue your application at apply.esmt.berlin.
Applications to the MIM program are reviewed on a rolling, first-come basis. The Admissions Committee meets and publishes admissions decisions every two weeks.The deadline schedule below should serve as a guide for your application planning.
Early Decision: Accepted candidates from this round will receive a €2,000 discount on tuition
++ For applicants who require a student visa to study in Germany.
Final deadline for all applicants
SPECIAL NOTE: Given the current global situation and in an effort to continue to offer as much flexibility as possible to ESMT applicants, we're pleased to extend our international student deadline to allow applicants to benefit from the latest change in visa regulations.
International students can again apply for visas to enter Germany to study. Depending on your country of origin, additional regulations may apply and will be updated regularly. Consult your local German embassy or consulate for updates or to schedule an appointment, as soon as possible. Please note that ESMT will not be able to influence visa appointment scheduling and processing at local embassies. We encourage all applicants to apply for visas as soon as possible.
++Due to long visa process times, citizens of countries that require a student visa to study in Germany are strongly advised to apply by this deadline.
APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED AFTER THIS DEADLINE WILL STILL BE CONSIDERED FOR ADMISSION. However, ESMT can only provide minimal visa support for applicants from non-EU countries submitted after June 1. More visa information here.
Applicants from Australia, Brazil, Canada, El Salvador, EU, Honduras, Israel, Japan, New Zealand, South Korea and the United States, DO NOT need visas to enter Germany as a student. As these regulations can change without notice, please confirm with ESMT or your nearest German Embassy or Consulate.
Applicants who have graduated from a Chinese university are required to undergo an APS procedure in order to be able to study at a German university. Please visit the APS website in Chinese or in German for all further information.