The first-year internship is mandatory and earns credits towards the Master's degree. ESMT's Career Services staff works with MIM students to find the right internship. With guidance from ESMT, students individually apply for the chosen internship positions. Most students find their internships through a combination of engagement with ESMT's partners and open applications to companies of their choice.
- Accenture working in Consulting
- Amazon working in Supply Chain Management
- Audi working in Project Management
- Bain & Company working as Associate Consultant Intern
- Boeing working in Market Research & Strategy Support
- Bosch working as Product Manager
- Citi working as Investment Banking Placement Analyst
- Daimler working as Risk Manager
- Deutsche Bank working as Global Trade Finance Product Manager
- DHL working as Coordinator in Solution Delivery and Service Management
- E.ON working as Risk Manager
- Gazprom working as Investment and Market Analyst
- McKinsey & Company working as Fellow Intern
- Mercedes Benz Bank working in Risk Provisioning
- Porsche working in Business Development
- Siemens working as Financial Manager
- United Nations working as Program Manager
Students are required to complete an internship of a minimum of 12 weeks in duration between April and September. Most students will choose to complete one longer internship, e.g. five or six months, however, some choose one or two shorter experiences.
Germany is the most popular location for internships; however, students are not geographically limited. Other locations in the past included the Netherlands, Japan, Russia, Turkey, Switzerland, France, South Korea, and Kenya.
Many students, especially after returning for the second year of their studies, will take up a working student position of up to 20 hours per week to continue their professional development and gain further practical experience alongside their specialization studies.