The Entrepreneurship Club (EPS) creates opportunities for ESMT students and alumni to exchange ideas, support and experience around all subjects related to the entrepreneurial environment. Its primary purpose is to provide members direct insight into all phases of the lifecycle of a company, from the business idea to market penetration and establishment, all the way to the IPO, acquisition or insolvency. The club organize visits to Berlin startups and VCs, invite guest speakers with entrepreneurial thinkers and build bridges between ESMT and other universities in entrepreneurial aspects by welcoming foreign university EPCs' visit to Berlin. Past events have included Delivery Hero, Babbel, Zeotap, Early Bird, Instiglio, et cetera.. Furthermore, in 2018, the Club organized the first ever ESMT Hackathon. Many students and programmers joined the event, which strengthened ESMT´s presence among the local and European startup scene.
In the "MBA for Entrepreneurship" ranking 2018 the Financial Times ranks ESMT Berlin as: #38 Globally, #16 in Europe and #2 in Germany.
- Network – grow the network within the entrepreneurial community. This network is available for members to connect and covers relevant contacts for different phases of a company’s lifecycle
- Mentorship – All members of the Club act as mentors by openly sharing experiences and their network and offering help in business decisions
- External events – Organize and initiate events at companies and startups for interested members
- Internal Events – Communicate all internal events related to core interests of the Club organized through ESMT or the student body
- Inspiration – Share relevant information and interesting articles on entrepreneurial topics
Some past projects
- Developing an international rollout plan for a new product developed by a Berlin-based smartphone app technology provider
- Conducting market research and create an internationalization strategy for a successful internet real estate portal based in Berlin
- Recommending relevant solutions for foreign market entry to a German-based renewable energy management firm
- Expanding a successful e-business startup into further European markets