US Department of Education Loans Program
ESMT participates in the US Department of Education direct loan scheme, which is part of the Title IV loan programs. ESMT students who are US citizens, citizens of the Freely Associated States, or belong to certain categories of non-citizens may be eligible to receive Title IV funds.
Please note that not all programs at ESMT are eligible for the US federal financial aid program. Only students admitted to the Master in Management, Full-Time MBA, or Executive MBA programs are eligible to apply.
Participants in ESMT’s non-degree programs and students admitted to the Part-time, Global Online MBA, and Ph.D. programs are, unfortunately, NOT eligible for US federal financial aid.
Please note that most US students are eligible for Title IV funding, and this funding is usually much cheaper than private loan options.
Interested students should inform themselves about the loan program and relevant policies by reading our US Financial Aid Information PDF, as well as the Consumer Information provided below. They should then inform ESMT’s Student Services Office that they plan to apply for federal loans via the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To ensure the funding is available when the program starts, the application deadline for students applying for US financial aid is at least three months prior to program's start. Find more information about US federal student loans here.
Private loans are available for American students at the students' preferred banking institution.
Data security and privacy of student records
Students’ rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) are outlined on ESMT’s Data privacy page. In order to process your loan application and comply with US regulations, the Student Services Office will request personal data from you. ESMT will hold any sensitive data that you submit to us in compliance with the GDPR and US federal regulations.
If you have a complaint about how the Student Services Office has handled your data, you have the right to file a complaint with the US Department of Education, although it would be preferable for you to contact ESMT first so we can discuss the problem with you and try to find an acceptable resolution.
US Financial Aid Information Sheet
This document contains the following information:
- Terms and conditions of the US Department of Education’s Title IV loan program at ESMT
- Criteria for determining eligibility and award amounts
- Procedures for applying for Title IV funding, changing loan amount, or cancelling a loan request
- Rights and responsibilities of Title IV funding recipients
- Repayment options and obligations
- Information about disbursement of funds
- ESMT’s Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Policy
- ESMT’s Title IV Return (R2T4) Policy
- Institutional refund policy
Information for students with disabilities
Information for students with disabilities can be found here.
Price of attendance
Tuition costs can be found on the relevant program pages. Estimated costs of attendance can be found on p. 16 of ESMT’s Student Handbook.
Academic program information
All relevant academic information can be found on the respective MIM, MBA, or EMBA program pages.
Code of Conduct for education loans
Agents at ESMT dealing with private education loans and the US Loans are prohibited from:
- revenue-sharing arrangements with any lender;
- receiving gifts from a lender, a guarantor, or a loan servicer;
- contracting arrangements providing financial benefit from any lender or affiliate of a lender;
- directing borrowers to particular lenders* or refusing or delaying loan certifications;
- offers of funds for private loans;
- call center or financial aid office staffing assistance;
- advisory board compensation.
Anyone at ESMT with responsibility for US loans must review this code at least once per year.
* If you are applying for a private US student loan, ESMT will work with whatever loan provider you decide to use, if they are willing to work with us. None of the private loan providers listed on our websites are preferred lenders, and ESMT has no preferred lender agreements.